my wordle :)

Wordle: randomocity

Monday, July 4, 2011

Modesty... and maybe ignorance?

I have reached a point in my life where I'm not sure what to do anymore.
I'm slowly but surely separating from my friends, the people that took up the largest part of my life, the friends that were sometimes there for me, and sometimes weren't. 
Is natural separation inevitable? Is it preventable? Should I want to stop our separation?
I'll admit I've strayed far from the path of normalcy, in my mind of course. 
Unlike my friends, I was never very excited about going to prom, creating outfits for spirit week, gluing together tutus out of tacky red taffeta, having a huge group get together for a bonfire when we just got back from the beach after a long and hot day, or going through senior picture ideas (which included having a photo wearing your prom dress, smiling or not, and placing a freshly french manicured hand over your tanned bosom or sequined hip, as if you were of great importance.) 
I have nearly no interest in any of these activities, except maybe scoffing and laughing at these activities.
If we have just gotten back from the beach and have been there all day, chatting the day away, swimming, eating, and whatever else, I don't think I want to see you and talk to you and argue with you and complain with you about 'these damn mosquitoes' for yet another 2 hours around a hot fire.
I'm sorry, that I don't feel I deserve to be proudly posed in a photo room, sitting on an expensive stool, with my hair in bohemian waves, flaunting what I think deserves to be photographed in a professional studio.
I'd rather sit at home, or bake, or listen to music and sing, or read a good book, or write a poem, or paint my toes, or play badminton with my Mother, Father, and my highly-functioning autistic little sister.
Save the cameras for when I look absolutely terrible, sitting in the kitchen awaiting breakfast, with my hair on top of my head, my mascara flaking and smearing underneath my eyes, and my shorts pulled up to my bellybutton. 
Because at least then, I can get a good laugh.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I feel the same way about my life sometimes..I'm pretty shy and awkward in person. I don't like crowds and just going out to the public irritates me somehow. I do love making friends but it's hard to find a true friend who will be there for you thick and thin. I just want to escape to a nice peaceful place and just settle there with a cute house and a cat! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete